The main regional house (khang tshan) compound of Tewo (the po) Regional House was destroyed during the shelling of Sera (se ra) in 1959. Since it had a small monastic population to begin with, there were not enough resources or manpower to rebuild it. Up to the 1930s or 40s, it was located on the northwest corner of Zhungpa Regional House (gzhung pa khang tshan). That site was donated to Zhungpa Regional House during an expansion of the latter, and Tewo moved northwest, according to informants, somewhere in the area that is presently empty field #91. This apartment building, which may have been part of the original Tewo compound, is the only surviving vestige of Tewo.