THDL Toolbox > Audio-Video > Equipment Needs for Audio-video > Tripod
- Unlock the leg clips
- Open tripod legs
- Adjust the tripod to the desired height. Note: The tripod will be more stable if you adjust the tripod height using the legs instead of using the center column.
- Remove the Quick Release Plate from the tripod head by turning the Locking Knob counterclockwise and pressing the red Release Button.
- Attach the Quick Release Plate to the camera by screwing the silver screw into the threaded hole on the bottom of the camera. Make sure that the Anti-Rotation Pin is fitted in the unthreaded hole and the camera lens is aligned with the “LENS” mark on the bottom of the plate.
- Mount the camera on the tripod by sliding the camera plate into the top of the tripod head until the red Release Button clicks. Lock the plate into place by turning the Locking Knob clockwise.
- To level the tripod, loosen the leveling ball by turning the Rotating Grip at the bottom of the center column counterclockwise. Use the topmost bubble level next to the Pan Locking Knob as your guide. When the bubble is aligned in the center circle, tighten the leveling ball by turning the Rotating Grip clockwise.
- For static shots (eg interviews) set the camera to the desired position and lock the Pan and Tilt Locking Knobs by turning them clockwise.
- If you will be panning or tilting the camera, make sure that the Pan and Tilt Locking Knobs are unlocked by turning them counterclockwise. To adjust the resistance in the horizontal direction, tilt the camera down and rotate the Pan Friction Knob located under the tripod head. To adjust the resistance in the vertical direction, adjust the Tilt Friction Knob on the side of the tripod head.