THL Toolbox > Tibetan Texts
These documents provide guidelines and manuals for digitally working with Tibetan texts in all aspects - outlining texts, cataloging, inputting, scanning, and so forth. We suggest readers begin with the Overview of Tibetan Text Processing to get an understanding of the larger process, and then consult the individual sections.
- Cataloging a Tibetan Text
- Inputting a Tibetan Text
- Marking up Tibetan Text in Word with Styles
- Batch Converting Input Tibetan Texts into XML
- Markup of English Translations of Tibetan Texts
- Outlining a Tibetan Text
- Photographing Tibetan Texts
- Scanning & OCR: guidelines for using scanners to digitize Tibetan books.
- Scholarly Essays
- Sigla ID Assignments for Tibetan Texts
- Tibetan Text Cataloging Glossary: includes section titles for Tibetan texts, cataloging terms, resources for translating colophons, etc.
Provided for unrestricted use by the Tibetan and Himalayan Library