THL Toolbox > Photography & Immersive Technologies
The entire process of creating, processing and publishing photos involves a series of 4 phases, each of which involves a series of steps and processes documented in separate manuals. These manuals purport to form the basis for our training and reference with regard to images, however as a complete overhaul of Images is underway, these processes are being thoroughly revised, and much of the contents here no longer apply or will be superseded shortly.
- Photography in the Field
- Photographing Tibetan Texts
- Photographic Documentation in the Field: for quick documentation of groups of photos in the field.
- Cataloging Images in MediaPro: for offline cataloging using MediaPro software.
- Cataloging Photographs in a Spreadsheet: this is used when an non-staff member who for some reason can't use MediaPro is doing basic cataloging of photographs.
- MMS Photograph Cataloging Manual: for uploading and cataloging images online.
- MMS Online Photograph Collections End Users Guide: for end users of the online collections.
- Technically Processing Images: scanning photos, slides, preparing images for XML essays, etc.
- Final Packaging of Images
Specialized Pages for Staff:
- Making Slide Labels
- Correlation of MMS image IDs and the Old Image DB IDs
- Processing the Many Duplicate and Few Unique JPGs in the 2006 Kham Images
- Creating Thumbnail Images
- Creating Web-Viewable Derivatives of Images for Image Database
- Creating Web-Viewable Derivatives of Images of dpe cha Pages for Catalogs
- Cataloging in FileMakerPro
- From Photoshop to XHTML - Editing and Coding for Images in THL Templates
New computer technologies allow us to go beyond still photos and audio-video to provide a more immersive, three dimensional experience of places and objects.