Using The Thl Av Database
THL Toolbox > Audio-Video > overview of working with audio-video in thdl > Using the THL AV Database
Contributor(s): Chelsea Hall.
- Go to http://www.thdl.org/avarch/mediaflowcat/home.php
- You should see ‘Login’ on the bottom bar, click that.
- Enter your login name and your password.
- There is a box on the right that says ‘collection views’. The button ‘Browse all’ will show everything, or you can choose what to see by specific collection.
(I'm going to use 'Kham' as an example.)
- Inside ‘collection views,’ click on the drop-down menu until you see ‘Kham.’ Then hit the ‘Go’ button.
- You should see the whole Kham collection. If you click on ‘Kham’ at the top, you’ll get to a page that asks you if you want to see all the records, or just ones with video, etc. under the ‘Media Options’ header at the bottom of the page.
- For doing transcription, or watching videos, it will be easier to click the box that says ‘Return only titles with video.’ That will keep you from seeing too many records that only have cataloging records without corresponding media.
- If you are doing transcription, the following will be helpful: Right next to that, you can also click ‘Return only titles with no transcripts’ under the header ‘Transcript options’. Those two options together will give you all the videos that need transcription.
- If you are just working on cataloging records, you can hit 'view all' without selecting any options.
- Then click the ‘view titles’ button.
- Once you are logged in, follow the instructions above, and looking at a catalog record, you can see options in blue on the left.
- Click ‘Edit Catalog Entry’
- Then you will see English, Tibetan, and then Chinese title boxes. You can type in those boxes using your language keyboards or by cut-and-pasting from a word doc.
- IMPORTANT: Remember to hit the green “submit’ button at the top left, and that will save your work. If you don’t click ‘submit’ your work will be lost!!