Recommended Nepali Fonts
THL Toolbox > Fonts & Related Issues > Nepali Fonts > Nepali Unicode Fonts
THL recommends the following Nepali fonts for public use:
- Nepali Unicode Environment: created by Madan Puraskar Pustakalaya (MPP) and recently released in Nepal. At present, it is available for Windows only. (More Info)
- Unicode Nepali Font Guide: also created by MPP. These are for Windows and Apple Macs. (View guide here)
- Nepali Fonts for Windows: many of the most used Nepali fonts available as free downloads for Windows users. (More Info)
- Nepali fonts for reading online newspapers: Kantipur, Gorkhapatra and Samacharpatra, the three most popular fonts used by the Nepali press are available for downloading.
- SALRC: Recommended Unicode Fonts from the South Asian Language Resource Center at the University of Chicago.
- Alan Wood's Devanagari Fonts Page: See the page at http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/fonts.html#devanagari for further resources.