THL Toolbox > Developers' Zone > THL Database Technologies and Models > Gazetteer Technical Documentation
Contributor(s): Dan Haig
The THL Gazetteer of Tibet and the Himalayas can be said to be the backbone of the entire THL enterprise. The Gaz is meant to provide access to all areas of the THL, but it also is on the leading edge of our technology development.
Here you will find explanations of the technologies utilized for the development and deployment of the Gazetteer, and links to related tools and resources.
- Gazetteer Technology Overview - Brief explanation of the how and why, in English!
- Development of Gazetter Technology - What is being done, and by whom.
- Gathering of Gazetteer Data - Development and documentation of data gathering tools we provide to researchers.
- Processing of Gazetteer Data - How we get the data that comes back to us from researchers into the Gazetteer.
- Deployment of Gazetteer Data - Documentation on the final delivery via the Web site, including details on linking in to the Gazetteer from other areas.