Converting Multiple Tiffs To Pdf
THL Toolbox > Scanning & OCR > Converting Multiple TIFFs to PDF
Contributor(s): Chris Bell, David Germano, Steven Weinberger
- Open Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Standard.
- Choose the menu option Create PDF > From Multiple Files.
- Under Add Files, select the Browse button. Go to the appropriate folder with all the TIFF files. Highlight and select all the files you want to convert and click Add. Press Okay.
- The TIFF files will be added into a single PDF file and you will be prompted to save it; however, press the Cancel button. To properly save the file with compression, go to the File menu and select Reduce File Size, then press yes on the dialogue box that pops up.
- Save the file following proper file naming convention. Example: Dzd-Gt-v05.pdf
- A Reduce File Size dialogue box will appear. In the "Make Compatible With" drop down menu, select Adobe 7.0 and later. Press okay. Again, save the file. The file is now a single compressed PDF file.
- Make any necessary adjustments to the file. To rotate pages and align as necessary go to Document > Rotate Pages; options include rotating one, a set, or all of the images 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise, or a full 180 degrees, as well as rotating odd and/or even pages. Other useful features under the Document menu are Insert Pages, Extract Pages, Delete Pages, and Crop Pages.