THL Toolbox > Audio-Video > Cataloging
Cataloging involves formal description of the audio-video tapes and titles within a database. This includes a name, a description, the location of recording, the agents involved in recording, and so forth. The Manual below gives detailed guidelines, while the two checklists give schematic lists of things to do which can be printed out for quick reference.
- Cataloging Audio-Video Introduction
- Cataloging Audio-Video Sources Manual: i.e. the physical tapes, and so forth.
- Cataloging Audio-Video Sources Checklist: need to create
- Generating Titles & Credits For Recordings
- Cataloging Audio-Video Titles Manual: i.e. the actual edited titles you have identified and compressed from a tape.
- Cataloging Audio-Video Titles Checklist: need to create
- Cataloging Audio-Video Titles in Mediabase: This will eventually be the only set of instructions as we are moving the entire A-V database to Mediabase
- Translation Glossary for AV Titles
Note to check on the above cataloging manuals. the left hand TOC is half in all caps and half in lower case (fix). It needs to be updated to account for all of Jack's fixes. It especially needs the section filled out for "Collections Management" (including presentability issue), and "Workflow Management" (all the new workflow fields/searches). Section 2 has resources "cataloging tapes" and "cataloging titles" associated with it. This is wrong - they should be HERE. In addition, right now they are the same document, so there should be just one link that says "Cataloging Tapes and Titles Reference Manual".