THL Toolbox > Tibetan Scripts, Fonts & Related Issues > Tibetan Fonts > Jomolhari
Contributor(s) to this documentation: THL Staff.
Download Jomolhari - zipped OpenType TTF font.
Created in 2006 by Chris Fynn, Jomolhari is an OpenType Tibetan/Bhutanese font that supports both the Unicode encoding for Tibetan and part A of the Chinese encoding for pre-composed Tibetan characters. Based on Bhutanese manuscript examples, it is in its preliminary stage or alpha version. This version was made for trial purposes, and its author, Chris Fynn, welcomes feedback. The font currently supports the main character combinations used for everyday Dzongkha and Tibetan text. More combinations will be added and other improvements made in future versions. Use of this font requires a system which supports iso10646/ Unicode character encoding, which has complex-script support installed, and which has an OpenType rendering engine supporting the Tibetan/Bhutanese script.
- Platform: Windows, Macintosh, Linux (cross-platform, requires support for Unicode & OpenType rendering)
- Version: 000.003c (second alpha release)
- Number of Files: 1
- Number of Glyphs: 3325 (more being added continuously)
- Format: True Type OpenType
- Styles: Normal
- Font Editor: Fontlab Studio
- Encoding: Unicode
- Copyright: Copyright © 2006 Christopher J. Fynn
- License: SIL Open Font License
- Availability: Public Domain
- Designer & Creator: Chris Fynn
- Year Created: 2006
To be written.