About THL > THL Home About Us > THL Executive Board
The Tibetan and Himalayan Library is guided by an international advisory board consisting of prominent scholars and librarians in the field of Tibetan and Himalayan Studies from a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds, geographical/cultural foci, and institutional bases. This board oversees THL’s general development and determines strategic priorities. See THL’s Participants page for a full list of all of THDL’s editorial boards, as well as links to its general rosters of people, projects, organizations, and donors.
The following is a list of the current board members.
- José Cabezón (University of California at Santa Barbara, 2006)
- Frances Garrett (University of Toronto, 2006)
- David Germano (University of Virginia, 2006): Director.
- Janet Gyatso (Harvard University, 2006)
- Tsewang Gyurme (Tibet Academy of Social Sciences, 2006)
- Toni Huber (Humboldt University, 2006): Associate Director.
- Matthew Kapstein (University of Chicago/Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, 2006)
- Anne Klein (Rice University, 2006)
- Alan MacFarlane (Cambridge University, 2006)
- Kathyrn March (Cornell University, 2006)
- Worthy Martin (University of Virginia, 2006)
- Ngödrup (Tibet University, 2006)
- Thupten Nyima (2006)
- Françoise Pommaret (CNRS, 2006)
- Burkhard Quessel (British Library, 2006)
- Losang Rabgey (Machik/University of Virginia, 2006)
- Charles Ramble (Oxford University, 2006)
- Matthieu Ricard (Shechen Monastery, 2006)
- Karl Ryavec (University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point, 2006)
- Kurtis Schaeffer (University of Virginia, 2006)
- Per Sørensen (University of Leipzig, 2006)
- Nicolas Tournadre (Paris 8 University/CNRS-LACITO, 2006)
- Mark Turin (University of Leipzig, 2006)
- Gray Tuttle (Columbia University, 2006)
- Leonard van der Kuijp (Harvard University, 2006)