About THL > Help > THL Home Resources > THL Home Help
The present page offers suggestions if you encounter any problems using THL published websites, as well as offering help for how to use specific types of pages. However, don’t hesitate to contact us at nbjmup;uimAdpmmbc/jud/wjshjojb/fev if you are having problems using that site that can't be resolved, or you find our general help tips to be unclear. If you are contacting us about problems, please provide as much detail as possible on the precise problem, and identify your computer’s operating system and version (Windows, Mac OS, Linux) as well as Web browser and version (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.).
THL publishes websites which are portals to diverse content on a specific subject, such as Sera Monastery. These portals are self-contained with unique banners and navigation systems specific to their subject. The publisher, THL, is indicated by the logo, but its other publications are only linked to indirectly through the site map. Each page is characterized by (i) a top banner with the website’s names and basic navigational links, (ii) a top primary horizontal menu of tabs indicating the main sections of the website, (iii) a right-hand side secondary vertical menu of expandable/collapsible options and suboptions directed towards content in the active section, (iv) a footer with links to basic general information, and then (v) the main content area. There is also then special resources with their own systems of access
- Help with Basic Navigation of Pages
- Help with Universal Navigation for THL Applications
- Help with Essays
- Help with Interactive Maps
- Help with Image Collections
- Help with Map Collections
- Help with Interactive Multimedia Maps of Individual Resources such as Sera Monastery
- Help with Panoramic Interactive Images
- Help with Place Dictionary
- Help with Place Dictionary Interactive Data Tables
- Help with Searching
- Help with Three-Dimensional (3D) Objects
If a given THL page won't come up for you or work properly, there are four general possibilities:
- Your computer is not properly prepped with free fonts and plug-ins: The solution is to visit our Preparing your Computer for THL page and prep your computer.
- THL temporary server or temporary application problems: contact us and we will restart it as soon as we can
- Errors in the THL page or application: contact us and we will fix the page in question
- Firewall and access blocks on your side, especially if you are accessing the internet through a controlled corporate site: Use another internet connection or talk to your company Web administrator. However, also report to us the problem and we will assess if there is anything we can do from our side.
We do not knowingly maintain broken pages in THL publications, and will address any issue brought to our attention as soon as possible.
If you see typos, errors, or just formatting problems on any THL resource, please contact us and we will fix them.