Tibetan and Himalayan Library - THL

THL Title Text
by John Vincent Bellezza
Edited by Geoffrey Barstow, Mickey Stockwell and Michael White
Tibetan & Himalayan Library
Published under the THL Digital Text License.

Oral tradition

According to local sources, DzongserRdzong ser was originally an ancient fortress. In interviews conducted in 1999, it was reported that Kyi PukSkyid phug functioned as a retreat center for solitary monks from Gelukpadge lugs pa monasteries connected to Trashi LhunpoBkra shis lhun po. However, according to Namchak WanggyelGnam lcags dbang rgyal (born Sheep Year, 1919), a local resident, Kyi PukSkyid phug was primarily used by monks from Kyi PukSkyid phug, a Drukpa Kagyü’brug pa bka’ brgyud monastery (located in either PanamPa snam or GyeltséRgyal rtse in TsangGtsang), as a refuge for three-year retreats. Kyi PukSkyid phug was in regular use until 1959. In more recent years the site has been the object of very minimal pilgrimage. The rudimentary shrine that was still maintained inside Kyi PukSkyid phug in 1999 now lies neglected.

/bellezza2/c1-1-3/

Note Citation for Page

John Vincent Bellezza, (Charlottesville, VA: Tibetan & Himalayan Library, 2010), .

Bibliographic Citation

John Vincent Bellezza. . Charlottesville, VA: Tibetan & Himalayan Library, 2010.